Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Coach Sangiao: Bumina-ang to put on a show in ONE debut

Expect fireworks when Team Lakay’s Carlo Von Bumina-ang makes his ONE Championship debut.

At least that’s what his head coach Mark Sangiao sees before his ward takes on Reza Saedi at ONE Friday Fights 27 on Friday inside Lumpinee Boxing Stadium in Bangkok, Thailand.

For Sangiao, there’ll be no shortage of action if Bumina-ang gets his way.

“People should expect Carlo Von [to be] a true fighter every step of the way. I can’t speak much of his opponent, but I expect Carlo to come in and go for war,” he said.

“He’s a striker who likes to stand toe-to-toe. That’s why I called him “The Bull,” because it’s evident with his performances and how he trains. He truly wants to finish his opponents and get the knockout. Expect him to work to finish.”

Bumina-ang has long held off his MMA career to focus on Filipino National Team duties, be it kickboxing or other combat sports in international tournaments.

But it has always been his goal to transition to MMA. That’s why he has patiently worked on his craft while waiting for his break.

Now, it’s showtime.

“I think it’s with the consistency in training; I just tried to keep building good habits in my everyday training,” Bumina-ang said.

“I feel like I’m ready because I’m already training with Jhanlo and Carlos. Even before the SEA Games competitions, I was supposed to transition to MMA.”

Having seen his friends and training partners like Carlos Alvarez and Jhanlo Mark Sangiao emerge as the next big stars of Team Lakay, Bumina-ang is excited to follow in their footsteps.

“Whatever it takes, I need to stop him,” he said. “Whether it be on the ground or standing.”

See Related Story:

Team Lakay coach admits Sangiao faces stiff test vs Mongolian

The post Coach Sangiao: Bumina-ang to put on a show in ONE debut first appeared on FASTBREAK.com.ph.


0 comments: