Tuesday, February 17, 2026
WNBA star and Unrivaled co-founder Breanna Stewart will join Turkey’s Fenerbahce Opet for the 2026 EuroLeague Final Six April 15-19 in Zaragoza, Spain.
The team made the announcement on Monday.
Stewart, 31, will join the team upon the completion of Unrivaled’s season on March 4. She’s in her second season playing for the Mist in the startup league, which she launched alongside fellow WNBA standout Napheesa Collier.
The three-time WNBA champion and two-time MVP previously played for Fenerbahçe Opet in the 2022-23 season, leading the team to the EuroLeague championship while being named the Final Four MVP of the event.
That was the last time Stewart played internationally during the WNBA offseason.
Fenerbahçe Opet has won 19 Turkish Basketball Super League titles and won back-to-back EuroLeague and European Super Cup titles in 2023 and 2024.
Stewart is averaging 19.7 points, 9.4 rebounds and 2.7 assists per game for the Mist, which stand third in the Unrivaled standings at 7-4 with three regular-season games left.
(Reuters)
The post Breanna Stewart joining Fenerbahce Opet for EuroLeague Final Six first appeared on Fastbreak.
The camp of Quentin Millora-Brown has placed responsibility on the Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas (SBP) for the big man’s absence in Gilas Pilipinas’ upcoming match in the second window of the FIBA World Cup qualifiers.
In a statement released to clarify the situation, Millora-Brown’s agent said the contract terms allegedly offered by the SBP conflicted with his professional obligations and offered no room for negotiation.
The contract allegedly included participation in games outside the standard FIBA windows, which professional clubs are not required to honor when releasing players.
“The contract presented by SBP included a tournament outside the standard FIBA windows, which FIBA mandates must be adhered to by professional clubs when releasing their athletes. The additional games were in conflict with Quentin’s professional club obligations,” the agent said.
The agent added that the contract required Millora-Brown to commit to those additional games, which he described as unusual in national team agreements.
“What stood out in the contract was the requirement for Quentin to participate in these additional games, which is unusual for national team contracts, at least in my 21 years of experience as an agent,” he said.
Millora-Brown’s camp also claimed that efforts to negotiate were unsuccessful, saying SBP made it clear the offer was final.
“I reached out to SBP in an effort to negotiate the terms, but they made it clear that the offer was a ‘take it or leave it’ situation—essentially refusing to negotiate,” the agent said.
He explained that signing the contract would have forced Millora-Brown to breach his professional club commitments, while playing without a contract would have left him without standard protections.
“Playing without a contract would not be feasible, as professional club protections against injury and other risks would not apply while in Gilas service,” he said.
The camp also denied that financial demands were the reason negotiations fell through, noting that the proposed deal allegedly included a pay cut and removed provisions from the previous agreement.
“This was not a contract negotiation that broke down because Quentin sought to enrich himself by demanding an excessively high compensation. However, we did have concerns about why the SBP offered him a pay cut compared to last year’s contract,” the agent said.
Despite the dispute, the agent emphasized that Millora-Brown remains committed to representing the Philippines.
“Quentin wants to play, he loves representing the Philippines, and he is dedicated to helping Gilas succeed,” he said.
Millora-Brown previously made a significant personal investment to secure his eligibility, reportedly spending over ₱1.5 million to fund his appeal. He also helped Gilas Pilipinas set a rebounding record in a win over Guam during last year’s qualifiers.
“This is an unfortunate situation, and I feel for my player. Quentin is deeply passionate about representing his country and doing everything he can to help Gilas succeed on the international stage,” the agent said.
As of posting time, SBP has yet to issue a response to the claims made by Millora-Brown’s camp.
The post Kaya wala sa Gilas! Millora-Brown’s agent calls out SBP over contract dispute first appeared on Fastbreak.