Saturday, October 14, 2023

Roger Pogoy optimistic about his full recovery from myocarditis

TNT Tropang Giga’s Roger Pogoy is filled with positivity amidst his health condition.

Pogoy was diagnosed with myocarditis and has been ruled out of the PBA Commissioner’s Cup.

During an interview with reporters on Saturday, Pogoy expressed confidence that he would be back in action after his recovery.

“There are no medicines. I will just rest until [the myocarditis] gets better,” Pogoy said in Filipino. “I will return. After six months, I will return and play.”

The 31-year-old sharpshooter learned of his condition while training with Gilas for the Asian Games. He added that he was feeling great during the FIBA World Cup.

“When I was practicing for Gilas, I had myself checked up. I could not practice, so that’s when I learned,” the Cebuano guard said. “I was worried because I was strong during the World Cup when this happened. But I trust in the Lord because I know He has plans for me.”

“That is where I put my trust—in the Lord and in my family,” he added.

Pogoy is still in the prime of his career. He averaged 18.3 points, 4.0 rebounds, and 2.0 assists last season with TNT.

The post Roger Pogoy optimistic about his full recovery from myocarditis first appeared on Fastbreak.


0 comments: