Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Katherine Bell thrilled to reunite with Aby Maraño at Chery Tiggo

Katherine Bell is thrilled to reunite with Abigail Maraño at the Chery Tiggo Crossovers in the 2024 Premier Volleyball League (PVL) Reinforced Conference scheduled to commence next month.

According to the 6-foot-2 American reinforcement, having her former Petron Blaze Spikers teammate in the squad will help her adjust quickly to the system of head coach Emilio “Kung Fu” Reyes.

“Even though I’m new to Chery Tiggo, I’m fortunate enough to be playing with Aby,” Bell said in a statement released by Chery Tiggo on Wednesday night. “Coming to Chery Tiggo, I’m really excited just to be here.”

Bell, who played for the Blaze Spikers in the defunct Philippine Superliga prior to the pandemic, added that she is also excited to play again in the Philippines, knowing how passionate the Filipino volleyball fans are.

“I’ve been looking forward to coming back to Manila for a very long time now, about four years since COVID, and I cannot be more excited and happy to be back here for the fans, playing for Chery,” Bell said.

“For the fans that don’t know me, I bring a lot! I bring energy, I bring a little sass, and definitely I bring a winning mentality. I’m excited to be able to come back here and perform to the best of my ability and hopefully help Chery Tiggo get to the top,” she added.

During her time with Petron, the 31-year-old Bell was a one-time Best Outside Spiker and has contributed significantly to the Blaze Spikers’ title runs in the 2018 and 2019 PSL Grand Prix.

Since then, Bell has showcased her talents internationally, playing in Turkey, Korea, and most recently, in the United States for the Pro Volleyball Federation team Vegas Thrill.

Chery Tiggo finished in fourth place during the 2024 PVL All-Filipino Conference.

The post Katherine Bell thrilled to reunite with Aby Maraño at Chery Tiggo first appeared on Fastbreak.


0 comments: