Saturday, July 29, 2023

Miami Heat legend Udonis Haslem officially retires

Three-time NBA champion Udonis Haslem officially announced his retirement from basketball in an Instagram post on Saturday.

“20 years… it’s impossible to put into words what these past 20 years have meant, but y’all know me. I’m damn sure gonna try…” the 43-year-old center said. “I consider myself extremely blessed to say I can leave this game with no regrets. The championships, the accolades, the brotherhood, man it’s hard not to be at peace. Undrafted to a 3x Champion, All-Rookie 2nd Team, Teammate Of The Year, the oldest player to play in an NBA finals game, Miami Heat’s all-time leading rebounder and longest-tenured player, the list goes on.”

“Shout out to my Real #OGs, the teammates that let me be their #OG, and to my family for staying ten toes down through it all… Although this journey has had its ups and downs, I am truly thankful and have no complaints at all… All the way down to leaving money on the table to stay in my city!! You, Miami, made it all worth it!!” he added.

His former teammates, LeBron James and Dwyane Wade, commented on his post.

“CONGRATS MY BROTHER!” James commented.

“My brother!!!! Real One Out,” Wade said.

Haslem played his entire 20-year career with the Heat. He became one of the most beloved Miami players over the past few years.

He averaged 3.9 points and 1.6 rebounds per game this past season. (MJD)

See related stories:

Udonis Haslem fulfilled as he ends 20-year NBA career

One more time! Udonis Haslem signs new deal with Miami Heat

Binatuhan ng blackboard! Jimmy Butler gets into heated altercation with Udonis Haslem, coach Erik Spoelstra

The post Miami Heat legend Udonis Haslem officially retires first appeared on FASTBREAK.com.ph.


0 comments: