Sunday, September 17, 2023

Report: Rain or Shine to trade Henry Galinato to TNT

The Rain or Shine Elasto Painters have decided to release one of their three big man selections from the PBA Season 48 Rookie Draft on Sunday night at the Market! Market! in Taguig City.

Rappler sports writer Naveen Ganglani reported in a tweet that Henry Galinato Jr., who was drafted by the Painters in the second round, is reportedly being traded to the TNT Tropang Giga.

During an interview with Ganglani, Galinato expressed his excitement about joining the Tropang Giga, emphasizing that he would be part of a team with a winning attitude, similar to his college team, the University of the Philippines Fighting Maroons.

“I am just excited man, just happy to be on any other team. I am ready to play for any team,” Galinato said. “I have been with winning coaches with UP, and I am really excited to help the TNT.”

“I just came out of UP’s finals (appearance in the UAAP Season 85 men’s basketball tournament), and I want to win a championship (in the PBA) just to redeem myself,” he added.

Galinato also reassured everyone that he is not dealing with a knee injury, assuring that he will be fully prepared for the upcoming PBA season, which begins on November 5.

“No concern, man. It’s very tight, man,” Galinato said. “I just arrived here in the Philippines last Monday, and I think my knee just needs a little strengthening.”

If that happens, Galinato will be the only rookie on the Tropang Giga roster, as they chose not to select any aspirants during the draft proceedings.

The post Report: Rain or Shine to trade Henry Galinato to TNT first appeared on FASTBREAK.com.ph.


0 comments: