Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Dillon Brooks says he will lock down LeBron James

Dillon Brooks may have switched teams in the offseason, but he carries the same mentality when facing Los Angeles Lakers superstar LeBron James.

Brooks, who now plays for the Houston Rockets, will face James for the first time this season on Thursday.

The Canadian wingman said that he is ready to play lockdown defense against the NBA’s all-time leading scorer.

“I’m ready to lock him up,” Brooks said in an interview with Houston reporter Lachard Binkley. “He’s been shooting the ball well and playing well, so I’m just there to make him tired and make him get into that 4th quarter early.”

Last season, Brooks talked trash to James during the first-round playoff series between the Lakers and the Memphis Grizzlies.

“I don’t care—he’s old. You know what I mean? “Brooks told reporters, “I was waiting for that. I was expecting him to do that Game 4, Game 5. He wanted to say something when I got my fourth foul. He should have been saying that earlier on. But I poke bears.”

Brooks’ remarks fired up James, and the Lakers won the series.

James is averaging 25.3 points, 8.4 rebounds, and 5.9 assists over the Laker’s first seven games of the season. (MJD)

The post Dillon Brooks says he will lock down LeBron James first appeared on Fastbreak.


0 comments: