Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Staunton: ‘Filipinos’ love and support are indescribable’

Creamline Cool Smashers’ import Erica Staunton expressed that the words “amazing” and “incredible” fall short in capturing the intensity of Filipino fans’ love and support for volleyball.

She hopes that international fans will emulate the Filipino spirit, aspiring for the same level of passion and enthusiasm for the sport worldwide.

“I don’t even know if there are words to describe it. I think the fans’ support here in the Philippines is amazing, and the love and support they show our sport is incredible,” Erica said in an interview.

“I think the rest of the world, especially the US, should really just take note of just how the Filipino fans appreciate our sport,” she added.

Erica also considers Creamline the best team she’s ever been part of, and the thought of her inevitable departure saddens her.

Beyond the game, she said she has formed strong bonds with her teammates, creating memories she will cherish as she moves on to her next adventure after her time in the Philippines.

“I love my teammates so much. I love my team. This has been just an unbelievable experience,” she stated.

“I’m going to be so sad to leave them in a couple of weeks, but I really do love them with all my heart.”

The post Staunton: ‘Filipinos’ love and support are indescribable’ first appeared on Fastbreak.


0 comments: