Monday, July 24, 2017

Netizens react to Direk Brillante Mendoza Duterte's SONA Production

Photo credit to owner
Brillante Mendoza directs the production of President Rodrigo Duterte’s State of the Nation Address (SONA) for the second time. Like in 2016, the 2009 Cannes Film Festival Best Director is offering his service again pro bono.

As a filmmaker, Mendoza, a supporter of Pres. Duterte's advocacies, recognizes the role of the film industry in influencing public opinion.

"I can say in front of everyone that my services are free. I am thankful to Malacaňang and to the President for the trust they have given me. I am not only doing this for the administration but I am doing this for my country and my countrymen. If there are other artists out there who are willing to contribute their talents to the government, I’m sure they will be welcomed as well,” he said.

In line with the State of the Nation theme of President Duterte speech which is “A Comfortable Life for All” he did the production comofrtably without hesitating what woul be the reactions of netizens.

Here are some post from Netizens who are satisfied with Direk Brillante Mendoza second SONA production:


Mendoza received the copy of Duterte’s SONA 2017 speech on July 24, Monday, hours before the President delivers it. The director reviewed the speech to decide the portions where he can show photos related to the topic.

To follow security measures and maintain the solemnity of the occasion, no camera operators are allowed on the floor of the Plenary Hall of the Batasang Pambansa. Mendoza will use 16 to 18 cameras including a robotic camera as well as long-range, zoom cameras to be positioned in front of the podium.








Credits: Brillante Mendoza

0 comments: