Monday, September 23, 2024

George King open to joining Gilas Pilipinas

Blackwater Bossing reinforcement George King Jr. has expressed his openness to the possibility of playing as a naturalized player for the Gilas Pilipinas men’s basketball team.

The 6-foot-6 King shared his interest in representing the Philippine squad, saying he has grown fond of playing in the country during his stint with the Bossing in the PBA Governors’ Cup.

“Man, I would love to play for the national team; I would love to put, you know, the blue and gold jersey across with number 94; you know, I would love to do that,” said the 30-year-old King.

“If they wanna have me, I would love to do it; it will obviously be an opportunity of a lifetime for me, and to do it for a place that I enjoyed being in is just a double winner,” he added.

King, who dropped 64 points during the Bossing’s 139-118 victory over the Rain or Shine Elasto Painters on Monday night, is excited to share the court with Filipino-American guard Jordan Clarkson, currently playing for the Utah Jazz in the NBA.

“There’s a couple of guys who are in the team, Jordan Clarkson. I am a San Antonio guy, and I know him for a long time, and I would like to mix it up with him and the guys here,” said King, who previously played for the Dallas Mavericks in the NBA.

However, the possibility of King and Clarkson playing together for Gilas Pilipinas is ruled out, as Clarkson is still classified as a naturalized player. FIBA regulations permit only one naturalized player per team in their competitions.

The post George King open to joining Gilas Pilipinas first appeared on Fastbreak.


0 comments: