Saturday, August 12, 2023

Poy Erram announces retirement from Gilas

TNT Tropang Giga big man Poy Erram has announced his retirement from national team duties.

“As I close this chapter of my life. Gusto ko pong magpasalamat sa lahat ng taong nagtiwala at tumulong sakin. Thank you for giving me a chance to fight for my country. Thank you for letting my dreams become a reality,” Erram posted on social media on Sunday.

“All I know is this: every time they ask if I’m available, I will always say YES kahit una akong sinabihan or last,” the 34-year-old big man continued. “Kahit practice player lang ok lang kasi alam ko makakatulong ako sa team.”

“I will never say no to my country. I will never get tired of playing for you.”

Erram said that he is thankful to be a part of Gilas history.

“Nangarap lang ako dati na magkaron ng kahit na practice jersey lang ng GILAS. But now I am part of GILAS history and all worth it,” he continued. “Maraming salamat po sa inyong lahat.”

Erram’s announcement came days after he was declared out of the Gilas’ World Cup roster due to an injury.

The two-time PBA champion had been a part of a number of Gilas iterations, especially during the World Cup qualifiers. (MJD)

See related stories:

Poy Erram sidelined from Gilas Pool Due to Injury

Video evidence shows Ginebra fans heckling Poy Erram in Game 3

TNT’s Poy Erram maagang ‘sinumpong’ sa Game 2 ng PBA Govs’ Cup Finals

The post Poy Erram announces retirement from Gilas first appeared on FASTBREAK.com.ph.


0 comments: