Saturday, August 24, 2024

Marina Tushova open to Capital1 return

Marina Tushova isn’t ruling out a potential return to the Capital1 Solar Energy Solar Spikers in future PVL Reinforced Conferences after her impressive performance this season.
The Russian spiker expressed her gratitude for the love and support she received from the Solar Spikers and Filipino fans during her stay and hopes to be called back by the team next year.

“I hope the fans enjoyed this game. I saw that my team enjoyed it, too. I gave everything for this game. We just needed a little bit more,” said Tushova, who shattered the PVL’s scoring record three times this conference.

“I still hope we will have another opportunity. I hope to come back here to play again, and I hope I will be better next year,” she added. “I also hope that Capital1 will improve, and I can bring something more to this amazing team.”

Tushova saved her best performance for last, delivering 50 points on 47 attacks, two blocks, and one ace in the Solar Spikers’ five-set defeat to the Cignal HD Spikers in the knockout quarterfinals on Saturday night.

“Yes, the team is very sad, to be honest. But it’s a great lesson for us. You always learn more from losing games than from winning games,” Tushova said. “Today was one of those days, and I’m still happy.”

Tushova is preparing to fly to Azerbaijan to join her new team, Ganja, following her stint with the Solar Spikers.

The post Marina Tushova open to Capital1 return first appeared on Fastbreak.


0 comments: