Monday, October 30, 2023

Stephen Holt hoping to bring winning mentality to Terrafirma

Number one overall pick Stephen Holt is optimistic that he can change the culture of the Terrafirma Dyip from being the league’s perennial cellar-dwellers to a playoff contender.

In a report from Spin.ph, Holt shared that he has never missed the playoffs in every professional league he has played in his career, and he wants to bring his winning culture to the Dyip.

“It’s all about winning,” the 31-year-old rookie said. “I know this team has struggled. I love to make the playoffs. Every year in my career, so far, I’ve made the playoffs. I’m not trying to have that streak end with Terrafirma.”

“Everyday, it’s just about working hard, coming together, and hopefully, we can get some wins this season in the conference,” Holt added.

Since it became a PBA franchise in 2014, the Dyip has only made the playoffs once.

Holt, who is already a veteran of various overseas professional leagues, seeks to immediately create an impact with the team.

“Obviously, I’m not a rookie technically with all the experience I had overseas. And the guys and coaches know that I’m a good dude on and off the court, and I care about the right things, especially working hard and helping the guys in a positive way, and hopefully we are going to have a successful season this year,” Holt said.

Holt is Terrafirma’s fourth No. 1 pick in its franchise history. The other three are no longer with the team. (MJD)

The post Stephen Holt hoping to bring winning mentality to Terrafirma first appeared on Fastbreak.


0 comments: