Monday, June 17, 2024

Matthew Aquino transfers to Gunma Crane Thunders

Matthew Aquino is staying in Japan B.League Division 1 after agreeing to a deal with the Gunma Crane Thunders.

Aquino, who spent the past three seasons with the Shinshu Brave Warriors, said on Monday night that he is excited to start his new journey in the league with the Crane Thunders.

“I’m very excited for this opportunity. Thank you to Gunma Crane Thunders management and coaching staff for believing in me and giving me a chance to play for this organization,” Aquino said in a statement released by Gunma.

“Gunma boosters, I’m ecstatic to get to know you. Here we go!” added the former National University Bulldogs center. “I can’t wait to give my all and pour my heart out.”

Aquino, who is considered a local player in the league since his mother is Japanese, also thanked the newly-demoted Division 2 Brave Warriors for his three-year stay with the team.

“It was a short three years, but I wouldn’t have chosen a different first home in Japan. Thank you for an amazing three seasons. I have been extremely blessed to be part of this community and to have been trusted to represent this team,” Aquino said.

“I hope to count on your support wherever I go, as I will bring the Shinshu Brave Warriors with me in spirit. You will always have a place in my heart! See you guys soon,” he added.

Matthew, son of former PBA center Marlou Aquino, averaged 2.28 points, 1.53 rebounds, 0.22 assists, 0.22 steals, and 0.19 blocks in almost seven minutes of action for the Brave Warriors last season.

The post Matthew Aquino transfers to Gunma Crane Thunders first appeared on Fastbreak.


0 comments: