Friday, October 4, 2024

Ex-MPBL player Julius Manalo reunites with mother after 31 years

Julius Manalo, a policeman assigned to the Manila Police District and a former Maharlika Pilipinas Basketball League (MPBL) player, has fulfilled his dream of reuniting with his mother after 31 years.

With the assistance of South Korean-based ChosunTV’s Mother’s Springday program, Manalo saw his mother again for the first time since his parents separated.

He shared that he had been led to believe that he and his father were going to the United States for a two-week vacation, but they ultimately returned to the Philippines for good.

“I was born in Korea, but my father and my mother… They do not have a good relationship, so they separated in 1993,” Manalo said in the program. “I was six years old; my mother gave me to my father, so we went to the Philippines.”

“So, since then, I do not have contact with my mom, and I do not see her anymore,” he added. “Even if my life here is hard, I still focused to pursue my dreams and make my life better so I can see my mother again in the future.”

Aside from being a police officer, 38-year-old Manalo previously played in the MPBL for the Valenzuela Classics and the Manila Stars.

The post Ex-MPBL player Julius Manalo reunites with mother after 31 years first appeared on Fastbreak.


0 comments: