Saturday, August 5, 2023

Ricky Rubio takes break from basketball to focus on mental health

Spanish point guard Ricky Rubio has decided to pause his career indefinitely to prioritize his mental health.

“I have decided to stop my professional activity to take care of my mental health. I want to thank all the support I have received from the [Spanish national] team to understand my decision,” Rubio said in a report from ESPN.

“Today #family makes more sense than ever. Thank you. I would ask that my privacy be respected so that I can face these moments and be able to give more information when the time is right,” the Cleveland Cavaliers guard added.

Rubio was included in Spain’s lineup for the upcoming FIBA World Cup but left the team’s training camp this week.

Last NBA season, he played just 33 games as he only joined the Cavaliers in midseason. He suffered an ACL tear, which he sustained during the 2021–2022 season.

Rubio has two years left on his contract with the Cavaliers. (MJD)

See related stories:

Ricky Rubio returning to Cleveland Cavaliers

Ricky Rubio still optimistic despite ACL injury

Nabwisit? Ricky Rubio reacts on getting traded to Thunder for Chris Paul

The post Ricky Rubio takes break from basketball to focus on mental health first appeared on FASTBREAK.com.ph.


0 comments: