Saturday, September 2, 2023

Clarkson hints at still competing for Gilas in future competitions

Jordan Clarkson is open to donning the Gilas jersey again, despite the way the national team fared in the 2023 FIBA World Cup.

Clarkson has been the nationals’ main offensive weapon throughout the competition, averaging 20 points per game.

In their biggest win against China in the classification stage, he scored 37 points, including five triples.

Clarkson said he can still be productive in scoring when the tournament returns in four years’ time.

“Thirty-five isn’t that old. Thirty is the new 20, right? I still feel young. I’m still out here competing. I don’t think that’s my last performance in this jersey. I think I have more time. I can still hoop. I can’t even tell you what I’m eating in the morning,” said the Utah Jazz star in the post-game presser.

“But yeah, hopefully down the line, when that time comes around again, I’ll be able to put this jersey on and represent the country.”

Clarkson added that their 1-4 record in the FIBA World Cup is not really indicative of the work he and his teammates put in during their games against the bigger and more talented opposition.

“It’s been a tough tournament, but we kept fighting, kept competing, and kept playing. We really wanted to end this on the right note. We might not see the same guys in the locker room after this, but at the same time, we just wanted to show heart, fight, and continue the resilience,” he said.

See related stories:

Gilas fans miss Andray Blatche amid Jordan Clarkson’s FIBA World Cup struggles

PBA import outperforms Gilas Pilipinas’ Jordan Clarkson in FIBA World Cup

Fans say Jordan Clarkson’s $1M contract with Gilas not worth it

The post Clarkson hints at still competing for Gilas in future competitions first appeared on FASTBREAK.com.ph.


0 comments: